CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WATE) – A Chattanooga man is crediting a $20 belt buckle with saving his life.
Grant Gunter says he surprised two teenagers while they were breaking into his truck over the weekend when one of them turned around and shot him. Police say the belt buckle deflected the bullet, causing it to merely graze his stomach.
Gunter told WTVC if the bullet was even an inch off, he would be dead or in the hospital but the belt buckle only caused the bullet to graze off of him.
The two teenagers are in juvenile detention this morning on multiple charges including aggravated assault.
- Girl killed in house explosion, parents and brother injured
- Video shows man shooting at 2 Louisville officers during Breonna Taylor protests, citation says
- New Chicken Salad Chick brings all the flavors to Cary
- Man charged after armed robbery at Durham Waffle House
- President Trump set to discuss healthcare during Charlotte visit
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now