(CNN) — A heart-warming holiday duet in music city as a chemo patient and his nurse sing a duet together.
Penn Pennington is a long-time Nashville session guitarist who has played at the Grand Ole Opry for 23 years.
He is also undergoing chemotherapy at Sarah Cannon Cancer Center.
When his nurse, whose name is Alex, found out he is a musician, she brought in her guitar and convinced him to sing with her.
That led to bedside performances during chemo treatments.
Their version of the Christmas classic “O Holy Night” was recorded Sunday by Pennington’s daughter.
It quickly went viral.
It’s already received more than 131,000 views.
- US Rep. Walker introduces constitutional amendment to block expansion of Senate
- Black woman left bound and upside down in police car says she cried watching bodycam video
- Oklahoma dad battles through stroke, COVID-19 to get to daughter’s wedding
- RECAP: Busy September in the tropics
- Mark Cuban donates $50,000 to both LA deputies shot in ambush attack
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now