NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) —There is an online petition for just about anything these days but one little boy in Nashville has started an effort to reduce the school week to four days.
The posts asks for your support petitioning Metro Nashville Public Schools and the Metro Council for a four-day school week.
The change.org petition claims “students need more family time and more rest and a less stressful environment being out of school one extra day per week allows the student more productive. Also the school district will save money students will hate school less and get in trouble less. Attendance will be better. Teachers will have an extra planning day per week to properly design a lesson plan.”
So far, more than 150 people have signed the petition.
- 19-year-old charged with shooting Sampson County detention officer during dispute, deputies say
- DOJ announces Minneapolis police probe following Chauvin verdict
- Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center in need of donations
- DOJ to announce Minneapolis police probe following guilty verdict in George Floyd’s death
- NC man shot during meetup to sell motorcycle; suspect arrested, charged with attempted murder
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now