RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — How cool do you keep your home? Does that temperature change through the seasons? What do you prefer?
Well, according to Energy Star, the federal program from the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency, said the coolest you should keep your home is 78 degrees when you’re home.
These recommendations aim to save customers money and use less energy.
The program lists different settings for when you’re away or working.
The Energy Star program recommends setting it at 85 degrees. When you’re sleeping, set the thermostat at 82 degrees.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you should keep your home at 78 degrees while you’re there.
Ceiling fans are also recommended, but they note that fans cool people, not entire rooms.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Triton blasts winless West Johnston, 46-19
- Missing Wayne County inmate captured in Rocky Mount almost a week after escape
- Cardinal Gibbons makes statement in blanking undefeated Cleveland, 36-0
- VOTE: The Blitz Play of the Week nominees | Week 5
- NC college student from Raleigh fights for her life after being hit by car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now