CHONGQING (WTVO) — A Chinese theme park has sparked outrage after workers pushed a pig off a 223-foot platform and forced it to bungee jump. The incident was part of a publicity stunt to promote a new attraction.
Video, taken at the Meixin Red Wine Town theme park, shows the pig wearing a cape and being pushed off the tower. It’s legs are shown to be tied during the event.
Local media outlets reported that the pig was sent to a slaughterhouse afterwards.
The stunt caused an uproar from animal activists.
PETA said said the incident was “animal cruelty at its worst,” according to BBC News.
“Pigs experience pain and fear in the same ways that we do, and this disgusting PR stunt should be illegal,” said Jason Baker, Peta senior vice-president of international campaigns.
Animal cruelty is not punishable by law in China.
- GM to recall some 2021 cars for faulty air bag warning light
- Woman killed after car plows into Minnesota protesters, police say
- Ohio pizzeria serves up spicy cicada pie
- CBS 17 Job Alert – McDonald’s and Food Lion in need of workers
- Sponsored Content: Take a Peak at This Beautiful, Everly Neighborhood Home