RIVERDALE, Ga. (WFLA) – A Georgia toddler is dead after a freak accident at a Payless Shoe Store, WSB reports.
According to the report, 2-year-old Ifrah Siddique was shoe shopping with her mother Friday night when an unsecured mirror fell on the toddler. Ifrah was taken to the hospital and died an hour later.
“You wouldn’t really expect it. We are all in the state of shock,” the girl’s cousin, Aqib Iftkhar told Channel 2. “We want to make sure this doesn’t happen again for anybody. We don’t want to see another kid get into this.”
In a statement to the news station, Payless Shoes extended their condolences:
“Our deepest sympathies go out to the family of Ifrah Siddique during this time of incredible loss. We are devastated by this tragic event and are fully cooperating with authorities to research and understand the nature of this accident. Out of respect for the family, no further information will be provided at this time.”WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HUSBAND AND WIFE CHARGED AFTER TEEN’S BODY FOUND DISMEMBERED NEAR HOME, OFFICIALS SAY
- GIRLFRIEND ACCUSED OF KILLING MAN IN NASH COUNTY ALSO FACED POISONING CHARGES
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: JET MAKES ROUGH LANDING AT RDU DURING HIGH WINDS
- SLEEPING 6-YEAR-OLD KILLED AFTER TREE CRASHES THROUGH HOME DURING HIGH WINDS
- NC DAUGHTER KILLS MOM WITH MEAT CLEAVER, AUTHORITIES SAY