PHILADELPHIA (KYW/CNN Newsource) — A 2-year-old girl was killed, and two adults were injured, in a triple shooting in Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
Police say a gunman targeted the home in the city’s Kensington neighborhood and fired inside.
The girl was hit in the back of the head. She died at the scene.
Her 24-year-old mom is in stable condition after being hit in the right side of the head and in the back.
And a man doing renovation work in the home is in critical condition after being hit in the stomach.
No one has been arrested — and there’s no word on why the home was targeted.
The shooting that killed the 2-year-old girl comes just after a shooting Saturday night that critically injured an 11-month-old baby boy.
The boy was in a car with his stepmother when several shots were fired at the car and four rounds hit the baby.
- Tepper says no decision yet on future of QB Cam Newton
- Franklin County animal advocates take concerns about shelter to commissioners
- Interim chancellor: Report detailing UNC’s crime response, reporting is ‘extremely concerning’
- NC receiving funds to elevate I-95 after repeated flooding
- Habitual felon escapes prison work release assignment in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now