MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A woman and her two friends were arrested after a 3-year-old boy was found wandering in a hotel parking lot Friday morning.
On Aug. 7, at about 7:37 a.m., police responded to the Family Inn Hotel, 900 South West I-65 Service Road, in reference to a 3-year-old infant being found unattended. Upon arrival, officers spoke with a witness who said he found the toddler outside unattended. He also said the toddler was seen the night before alone for about 45 minutes until his mother came outside to get him.
Officers found the mother Kassandra Creighton, 22, and she said she and her friends were smoking marijuana in the room while the toddler was in the bed. DHR responded and took custody of the child.
Creighton, Kalicia Smith, 20, and Abigail Sawyer, 19, were arrested and charged with chemical endangerment and reckless endangerment.
- NCSU football parents allowed to attend home opener
- Durham armed robbery leads to police chase that ended in crash
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick
- Memorial ride held in honor of Garner murdered teen
- Fayetteville 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say