DILLON COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Sunday afternoon a tornado warning was issued for Dillon County and an apparent twister caused damage along 1-95.
The storm hit near Latta and left several downed trees near the Catfish Road area near I-95, according to a report from the scene.
At least one building was damaged and traffic along I-95 was impacted heading toward North Carolina.
Trees ended up on an overpass over I-95 and some debris was on the interstation.
A mobile home was moved off its foundation during the storm and power lines were down.
A large riding lawnmower was also tossed around by the high winds and was damaged.
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida