KILL DEVIL HILLS, N.C. (WAVY) — An 18-year-old man from Kill Devil Hills was airlifted to Norfolk with serious injuries following a shooting incident early Tuesday morning.
Kill Devil Hills police say they were sent in the area of Elizabeth City Street around 1:45 a.m. Tuesday after a 911 caller advised them that their “friend had been shot.”
The caller also provided the police with the description of the vehicle driven by the suspects and police quickly issued an alert for the vehicle in question, officials said.
The victim which police identify as 18-year-old Kill Devil Hills resident Devlin William was driven by his friends to Outer Banks Hospital, but was later flown to Norfolk due the seriousness of his injuries.
Moments later, a vehicle matching the description provided by the caller was spotted by the Currituck County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies were able to stop the vehicle and detain three people inside.
The suspects were identified by police as:
- Vashon Omar James II, 20, of Grandy
- Harley Saelens, 19, of Lynchburg, Virginia
- Naseem James, 18, of Grandy
Police say based on information gathered during the investigation, there was probable cause to charge each individual with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
This is a Class E felony.
Each suspect was given a $35,000 secured bond.
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair