DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Two people are displaced following an apartment fire that happened Saturday night at Brentwood Park Apartments.
The Durham Fire Department responded to the 300 block of Junction Road around 11:30 p.m. to find flames showing in an upstairs apartment window.
Approximately 37 firefighters responded to the fire and it was extinguished in about 10 minutes.
The fire was contained to the one apartment. No other apartments were damaged.
Authorities say the fire appears to have started in the kitchen area and there was smoke damage throughout the rest of the apartment.
Both occupants of the apartment are being assisted by the Red Cross. Neither were injured.
An occupant in a downstairs apartment was treated on scene by EMS and released.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Ex-National Security Adviser John Bolton speaks at Duke ahead of book release
- 16-year-old football standout killed in shooting outside Dunn Cook Out
- Daytona 500: Denny Hamlin wins 2 in a row, Ryan Newman in serious condition following horrific wreck
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- Many tires damaged in NC police parking lot; officers trying to find who put tacks there
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now