CHARLOTTE, N.C. (CNN Newsource) – Two Charlotte sisters are on a mission to feed more than 100 families this Thanksgiving.
That’s quite an impressive feat when you consider Alex and Carolina Fischer are only 6 and 9 years old.
The girls sold lemonade and bakes goods to raise money for turkey and all the trimmings.
They also set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for the Thanksgiving feasts.
This year, they made enough to buy 108 turkeys and the accompanying ingredients.
Neighbors helped them pack boxes of food, rent a truck, and deliver it all by Nov. 23.
They plan to continue the family tradition next year because they have a lot to be thankful for.
- Knightdale and Durham Walmart stores evacuated due to bomb threat
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’
- Car crashes through fence, overturns at High Point business
- Tranquilo Bar and Restaurant in Greensboro has ABC permits suspended after 4 people left with minor stab wounds
- Suspect identified in thefts at UNCG campus