DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Police responded to a serious crash on Highway 70 near Holloway Street in Durham late Friday, just before midnight.
A vehicle with two people inside ran off the roadway over the guard rail and hit a pole.
Firefighters had to use the jaws of life to pull both victims out of the car. They have both been taken to the hospital, no word on their conditions.
Highway 70 was closed for at least an hour, with the exception of one lane, they were taking turns letting vehicles from both directions through.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- California inmates tied to ‘staggering’ jobless aid scam worth over $140 million
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Man says he stole heavy-duty batteries from Tennessee cell phone towers to fuel his drug habit
- With worsening COVID-19 pandemic, a growing concern about medical debt
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19