DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Police responded to a serious crash on Highway 70 near Holloway Street in Durham late Friday, just before midnight.
A vehicle with two people inside ran off the roadway over the guard rail and hit a pole.
Firefighters had to use the jaws of life to pull both victims out of the car. They have both been taken to the hospital, no word on their conditions.
Highway 70 was closed for at least an hour, with the exception of one lane, they were taking turns letting vehicles from both directions through.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Louisville police chief fired after fatal shooting of black business owner
- Signs of solidarity from officers, protesters bring end to Monday demonstrations
- Bishop ‘outraged’ after President Trump poses with Bible in front of St. John’s Church
- Active-duty troops from Fort Bragg deploying to Washington DC
- Protests remain peaceful in Raleigh amid city-wide curfew