RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Two of Raleigh Police’s best announced their retirement via Twitter after a combined 15 years of service.
Veteran K-9 Kota served alongside Officer Lyman for a long 9 years. His last shift on the job was June 20.
K-9 Copper has served with Officer Potter since 2013.
A tweet by Raleigh Police, thanks the four-legged officer, saying, “We will never forget his 6 years of successful criminal arrests and drug seizures!!”
His last shift at work was last June 21.
Latest Wake County headlines from CBS17.com:
- Local establishments like 42nd Street Oyster Bar starting to hire new staff as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- How can you travel safely? WakeMed doctor discusses minimizing risk
- Amazon adding hundreds of jobs in Triangle with 2 new ‘delivery stations’
- Wake County receives 5,500 doses of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine
- Lessons learned from the past year during the pandemic – here’s a look at the new issue of Raleigh Magazine
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now