RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Two of Raleigh Police’s best announced their retirement via Twitter after a combined 15 years of service.
Veteran K-9 Kota served alongside Officer Lyman for a long 9 years. His last shift on the job was June 20.
K-9 Copper has served with Officer Potter since 2013.
A tweet by Raleigh Police, thanks the four-legged officer, saying, “We will never forget his 6 years of successful criminal arrests and drug seizures!!”
His last shift at work was last June 21.
Latest Wake County headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man wounded in shooting in downtown Raleigh following protests
- Hundreds help clean up in Raleigh after stores ‘destroyed’ and looted
- 12 arrested, 5 Raleigh officers injured in overnight unrest
- Cleanup underway after chaotic night leaves damage across downtown Raleigh
- Looters strike downtown Raleigh CVS, later set fire outside
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now