RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Two of Raleigh Police’s best announced their retirement via Twitter after a combined 15 years of service.
Veteran K-9 Kota served alongside Officer Lyman for a long 9 years. His last shift on the job was June 20.
K-9 Copper has served with Officer Potter since 2013.
A tweet by Raleigh Police, thanks the four-legged officer, saying, “We will never forget his 6 years of successful criminal arrests and drug seizures!!”
His last shift at work was last June 21.
Latest Wake County headlines from CBS17.com:
- 13,000 with late Raleigh water bills could see service cut off in weeks after order expires
- Wake County reports COVID-19 testing up 134 percent this month
- RDU preps for Thanksgiving as pandemic continues to cripple air travel
- Wake County says no one will be turned away as demand for COVID-19 tests explodes
- Wake County officials confirm COVID-19 outbreak at Raleigh nursing facility
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now