(CNN Newsource) – Uber is launching a debit card service for its drivers.
The new card is a part of its “Uber Money” program, designed to help make it easier for customers to pay drivers.
The Uber debit card and account service is expected to eventually be available to riders.
Uber says it is also updating its credit card which will now give 5% back in “Uber cash”, which can be used on other platforms including Uber Eats.
The announcement comes a day after Uber reported it lost more than a billion dollars in the third quarter.
The company also posted revenue of 3.8 billion dollars during the quarter-up 30% from a year earlier.
- Trial set for woman charged in connection with Vanessa Guillen’s death
- COVID-19 in NC: 1,346 new cases reported on Friday
- ‘Catastrophic’ Durham fire was intentionally set, officials say
- Raleigh police investigate shooting off Falls of Neuse Road
- Trump’s younger brother hospitalized in New York
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now