RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – You probably remember this video of a microburst destroying the gym at Union Intermediate School in Sampson County.
The same day as the storm, the school was supposed to launch a major fundraiser for a new gym and physical fitness equipment as well as new technology, library books, and playground equipment.
95 percent of the students at Union Intermediate qualify for free or reduced meals and besides the damage from the microburst, the school has also been impacted by two major hurricanes in recent years.
If you would like to make a donation, click here.
- Illinois lawmakers introduce bill to ban Native American mascots that don’t have tribe approval
- New NC poll: Sanders leads tight primary race, Gov. Cooper has highest job approval in state
- Crash closes I-85 near Durham; detour in place
- Quaden’s family declines Disney trip, will donate money to charities
- Coronavirus: How to protect yourself
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now