LOS ANGELES (WWLP) – Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak is home recovering after undergoing successful emergency surgery on Thursday, according to the television game show.
As a result, taping for Thursday’s show was canceled but resumed Friday as scheduled, with Vanna White as the host.
The game show made the announcement on Facebook and said Sajak, 73, underwent “successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine.”
“He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting back to work.”Wheel of Fortune
Sajak has been hosting the show since 1981.
- Man charged after NC homeowner foils break-in; suspect accused of stealing car with kid inside
- NC man pleads guilty in young woman’s fentanyl-related death
- Man who killed NC woman in stabbing is held without bond, deputies say
- Teen shooter in birthday attack dies after 2 classmates killed, 3 wounded, police say
- New plans allows patients to see medical prices before treatment, Trump says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now