LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) — All lanes of Interstate 95 near Lumberton have reopened after a vehicle crash closed three of the four lanes Wednesday evening.
The crash happened on I-95 near NC Highway 72 at mile marker 17. The crash happened in Lumberton.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the backup is the result of a tanker collision. Authorities have yet to confirm those details.
NCDOT said shortly after 9:30 p.m. that all lanes have reopened, but five miles of congestion remained in the area.
- As symptoms change, here’s how you can tell if it’s COVID-19 or allergies
- People speak out after alcohol sales end at 10 p.m. in Orange County
- Sheriff: Florida homeowner kills masked intruders; accomplice facing murder charges
- Florida man arrested for attempting to record under young girl’s dress at Walmart, police say
- 2 men wanted for deadly shooting of pregnant woman in SC; reward offered
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now