LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) — All lanes of Interstate 95 near Lumberton have reopened after a vehicle crash closed three of the four lanes Wednesday evening.
The crash happened on I-95 near NC Highway 72 at mile marker 17. The crash happened in Lumberton.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the backup is the result of a tanker collision. Authorities have yet to confirm those details.
NCDOT said shortly after 9:30 p.m. that all lanes have reopened, but five miles of congestion remained in the area.
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the US thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- US students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening