LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) — All lanes of Interstate 95 near Lumberton have reopened after a vehicle crash closed three of the four lanes Wednesday evening.
The crash happened on I-95 near NC Highway 72 at mile marker 17. The crash happened in Lumberton.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the backup is the result of a tanker collision. Authorities have yet to confirm those details.
NCDOT said shortly after 9:30 p.m. that all lanes have reopened, but five miles of congestion remained in the area.
- Water main break slows late-night traffic on major Raleigh roadway
- Sources: Security officers pulled off job at St. Augustine’s
- 2 dead as Imelda strands drivers, floods homes in Texas
- 29 years later, identity still unknown of woman found dead along I-40 in Orange County
- Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders kicks off college tour at UNC-Chapel Hill
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now