CHENNAI, INDIA (CBS Newspath) – A 7-year-old boy in India had 526 teeth removed from his mouth, doctors said Wednesday.
The boy had been complaining of swelling on the right side of his lower jaw since the age of three.
Surgeons found a large growth containing multiple hard structures within the jaw.
Doctors said that this was a unique medical case and a first-of-its-kind. The rare lesion with teeth has been confirmed as a ‘compound composite odontoma.’
In a similar case in 2014, 232 teeth were removed from the mouth of a teen in Mumbai.
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- Here’s the story behind that viral video of Joe Biden hugging a Parkland shooting victim’s child
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch
- 2 arrested in connection with nearly 40 catalytic converter thefts across Raleigh
- Chick-fil-A sauces coming to stores in Georgia
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now