CHENNAI, INDIA (CBS Newspath) – A 7-year-old boy in India had 526 teeth removed from his mouth, doctors said Wednesday.
The boy had been complaining of swelling on the right side of his lower jaw since the age of three.
Surgeons found a large growth containing multiple hard structures within the jaw.
Doctors said that this was a unique medical case and a first-of-its-kind. The rare lesion with teeth has been confirmed as a ‘compound composite odontoma.’
In a similar case in 2014, 232 teeth were removed from the mouth of a teen in Mumbai.
- 1 killed in head-on crash in Durham, police say
- Woman found dead after dumpster fire, Va. police say
- Wakefield community shows support for couple who received racially charged letter
- NC police swarmed by ‘hostile crowd’ of about 50 after drug bust, officials say
- NC hospital system sends workers flier on race: ’16 bridge-building tips for white people’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now