CHENNAI, INDIA (CBS Newspath) – A 7-year-old boy in India had 526 teeth removed from his mouth, doctors said Wednesday.
The boy had been complaining of swelling on the right side of his lower jaw since the age of three.
Surgeons found a large growth containing multiple hard structures within the jaw.
Doctors said that this was a unique medical case and a first-of-its-kind. The rare lesion with teeth has been confirmed as a ‘compound composite odontoma.’
In a similar case in 2014, 232 teeth were removed from the mouth of a teen in Mumbai.
- School district being sued after student forced to color in haircut with Sharpie
- North Myrtle Beach leaders discuss plans for 1,362-acre development on former golf course
- Robeson County deputies investigating after man found dead on road
- Shake Shack’s first Triangle location opening Wednesday in Cary
- Mass shooting survivor: Bank could have saved victims
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now