(WBTW) – A South Carolina woman spotted an albino deer walking through the brush in her backyard.
The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources shared Kristy Frost’s video on Facebook. It was taken in Charleston County.
The SCDNR says albino deer have a completely white coat, pink eyes and hooves.
While very uncommon, albinism, or a lack of the dark skin pigment “melanin,” exists all over the animal kingdom, including in humans.
- Endangered Child Alert issued for missing East Tennessee 3-year-old girl
- NC sheriff’s deputy shot Thanksgiving night, suspect in custody
- Some NC tree vendors warn of Christmas tree shortage
- Georgia secretary of state blasts President Trump over Georgia elections
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges