GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WKRN) — A Kentucky woman and her mother vacationing in Gatlinburg experienced an unusual burglary over the weekend when some bears broke into their SUV.
Krista Colson, who lives in Franklin, took a 30-second video showing part of the wild encounter. The video, provided to WKRN by Colson’s sister Kayla Davis, has since been viewed more than 30,000 times.
According to Davis, her mother went outside to grab something from her SUV and left the vehicle unlocked because they planned to leave momentarily.
When they opened the front door a short time later, Davis said the family was amazed to find a momma bear and three bear cubs had opened the truck and some of them were inside.
Colson started recording, as the family attempted to scare the furry intruders away.
In the end, Davis revealed the bears got away with a pack of chewing gum. No one was hurt but the truck did have a few scratches.
- Virginia governor to announce removal of Lee statue
- After 103 years, Rocky Mount’s Confederate monument will be removed
- Drew Brees says he will ‘never agree’ with players kneeling during national anthem
- Fayetteville’s police chief marches with protesters
- Obama to address Floyd protests for first time publicly in online town hall
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now