PARCHMENT, Mich. (WOOD) — A car ended up suspended up against a utility pole after a crash in Parchment Sunday afternoon.
It happened shortly after 4 p.m. on G Avenue near Riverview Drive, Kalamazoo County Undersheriff James VanDyken said.
A 51-year-old Portage woman told the sheriff’s office that the brakes went out on her car, at which point she accelerated in reverse up onto a guy wire, where it became stuck.
The woman was not hurt, but she did get a ticket.
A similar crash happened in Raleigh on Oct. 13.
Three teenagers were injured in a crash that caused the car they were in to come to rest vertically — supported by a wire from a telephone pole.
The type of crash with a vehicle going up a telephone pole support wire is rare, but not unheard of.
- Mother facing multiple charges after 16-year-old weighs in at 26 pounds
- If you haven’t traveled to China recently, you shouldn’t be concerned about the Coronavirus, Duke health experts say
- Examining North Carolina’s impact on past impeachments
- Zion Williamson rejoining Pelicans lineup at pivotal time
- Wake County property values are increasing – here’s what you need to know