LAKE RONKONKOMA, N.Y. (AP) – A deer crashed through the window of a Long Island hair salon and ran amok before breaking out the front door with a straightening iron in tow.
The buck’s surprise visit Saturday to the Be.you.tiful salon in Lake Ronkonkoma was captured by the salon’s security camera and widely shared on social media.
Salon owner Jenisse Heredia said she was cutting a client’s hair when she heard “this wild crash” and thought it was a car.
Heredia says the buck ran to the break room at the back of the shop, came back out and hit a mirror, then ran out with an iron caught on its antlers.
Police say one client suffered leg and head pain when the buck jumped over her as she sat on a couch. She was treated at a hospital.
- Durham residents upset after dozens of newly planted trees removed at city’s request
- Purse lost in 1957 found behind school locker 62 years later
- Officer escorts 8-year-old girl to father-daughter dance after her dad’s death
- NC Rep. Linda Johnson passes away
- Svechnikov, Niederreiter help Hurricanes beat Predators 4-1
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now