(CNN) — Some Florida panthers have been hit with a mysterious disorder that’s affecting their ability to walk. Wildlife officials are calling the video alarming. You can see the animals stumble as they try to walk along trails.
Officials say these videos are from multiple areas throughout the state. The Florida Fish and Wildlife conservation say some of the animals had neurological damage. There are only about 120 adult panthers in the population, and they’re listed on the endangered species act.
FWC says its testing for toxins like rat pesticides also infectious diseases and nutritional deficiencies.
- Snowfall totals for Feb. 20
- ‘We never give up’ – Cumberland County sheriff addresses arrest in 21-year-old case of Baby Michael
- Russia is looking to help Trump win in 2020, security official tells lawmakers
- McDonald’s creates candles that smell like 6 Quarter Pounder ingredients
- ‘Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater’ gets its own documentary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now