(CNN) — Some Florida panthers have been hit with a mysterious disorder that’s affecting their ability to walk. Wildlife officials are calling the video alarming. You can see the animals stumble as they try to walk along trails.
Officials say these videos are from multiple areas throughout the state. The Florida Fish and Wildlife conservation say some of the animals had neurological damage. There are only about 120 adult panthers in the population, and they’re listed on the endangered species act.
FWC says its testing for toxins like rat pesticides also infectious diseases and nutritional deficiencies.
- Triton blasts winless West Johnston, 46-19
- Missing Wayne County inmate captured in Rocky Mount almost a week after escape
- Cardinal Gibons makes statement in blanking undefeated Cleveland, 36-0
- VOTE: The Blitz Play of the Week nominees | Week 5
- NC college student from Raleigh fights for her life after being hit by car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now