PHOENIX (CNN Newsource) — A violent struggle was caught on surveillance video at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport this week.
The footage shows a man bursting through a security checkpoint scanning machine and attacking a group of TSA officers.
It happened shortly before 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
Police and security screeners were ultimately able to subdue the man, who was then arrested.
TSA said the attack was not provoked.
One security screener was hospitalized and four went to urgent care clinics.
They were all treated and released.
Police identified the suspect as 19-year-old Tyrese Garner of Texas.
He’s facing felony charges of criminal trespassing and resisting arrest as well as five counts of misdemeanor assault.
Garner is scheduled to be in court June 25.
- Virginia state employee put on leave days after raising concerns about racism
- Endangered Child Alert issued for missing East Tennessee 3-year-old girl
- NC sheriff’s deputy shot Thanksgiving night, suspect in custody
- Some NC tree vendors warn of Christmas tree shortage
- Georgia secretary of state blasts President Trump over Georgia elections