MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Horry County police are looking for a woman who pepper sprayed an employee at a Tanger Outlets store.
Around 6 p.m. on December 9, Horry County police received a report of an assault on an employee at the North Face store at the Tanger Outlets, located on Kings Road off Highway 17 in the Myrtle Beach area.
“Upon arrival, officers learned that a group of customers had been noted by store employees for suspected shoplifting. Employees then began store-dictated standard intervention procedures,” HCPD said.
Employees reported to police the customers started to “become irate,” police said. “As the situation escalated, one of the employees began recording the encounter on a cell phone.”
“While leaving the store, one of the customers noted the camera and, after momentarily leaving the store, she quickly returned and sprayed the employee who was recording with pepper spray,” police added. “After that, the suspect fled. The customer who used the pepper spray is now wanted for assault.”
- Man shot ‘several times’ in Durham neighborhood, police say
- 1 now dead after 4 shot in Raleigh, 2 arrests made, police say
- Man shot by officer while reaching for gun in waistband, Ahoskie police say
- Trump’s support hits 6-month high in key battleground states, including NC
- UNC slips a spot in Top 25 poll despite win over NC State; Clemson remains No. 1
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now