SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – One Spartanburg family received the ultimate Christmas gift- a surprise visit from their soldier.
Heidi Gunter, of Spartanburg, says her son surprised their family by coming home unexpectedly from military duty.
She says her son had been with the Army for 10 months and his surprise homecoming was “the best gift ever!”
You can see in the video that the surprise comes when the group is taking a photo and their soldier jumps in.
- Indiana man says he was threatened with noose, called racial slurs
- NC firefighter hit by car 4 months ago is released from hospital, given escort home
- Fast start to 2020 hurricane season confirms early forecasts of active year
- Coins are yet another shortage caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Man killed in the middle of the day near NC strip mall
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now