GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A Wake Correctional Center offender went missing on a work assignment Friday, according to a news release from the North Carolina Department of Public Safety.
Latroy Strickland was reported missing from the Garner facility Friday night. He was on a work release and was supposed to return to custody by 8:30 p.m., the release said.
Strickland, 41, was last seen near his work site in Garner around 4 p.m. Friday.
Strickland was serving a sentence for multiple larceny and drug convictions. He entered prison on March 20, 2018, and was scheduled for release on January 4, 2021.
Anyone with information is asked to call local law enforcement or Wake Correctional at 919-733-7988.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- INCREDIBLE VIDEO: Trooper pulls man from crashed car just seconds before train hits
- NC mom says assistant principal preyed on her son for sex
- Lingerie store that doubled as secret strip club is closed down
- Deputies ask man to quit calling about his stolen marijuana
- Jay Bilas, NC congressman weigh in on NCAA’s ‘Fair Pay to Play’ issue
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now