RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — The Wake County Sheriff’s Office announced Sunday that a detention officer had been fired after his arrest this weekend.
Raleigh police arrested Wake County Detention Officer Marcus Hinnant Saturday night, according to a news release from Eric Curry, spokesman for the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
Hinnant, 26, was charged with assault on a female after the arrest at his home along Wenesly Court, according to arrest records.
“Due to the seriousness of the charge, Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker immediately terminated Hinnant,” the news release said.
Hinnant is being held in the Wake County Detention Center.
- Man dead, woman injured in Cary hotel shooting
- Security at NC State Fair at top of Wake County sheriff’s mind
- North Carolina judge died of fentanyl and heroin intoxication, autopsy reveals
- White House reaches ceasefire agreement with Turkey while lawmakers on Capitol Hill weigh sanctions bill
- Fayetteville teen at center of Amber Alert found safe
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now