RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — The Wake County Sheriff’s Office announced Sunday that a detention officer had been fired after his arrest this weekend.
Raleigh police arrested Wake County Detention Officer Marcus Hinnant Saturday night, according to a news release from Eric Curry, spokesman for the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
Hinnant, 26, was charged with assault on a female after the arrest at his home along Wenesly Court, according to arrest records.
“Due to the seriousness of the charge, Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker immediately terminated Hinnant,” the news release said.
Hinnant is being held in the Wake County Detention Center.
- VIDEO: UPS driver recorded throwing packages out of truck for woman to put in van
- NC AG Stein calls for Fentanyl to be permanent Schedule 1 drug
- Law enforcement officer uses sign language to help woman get ID
- VIDEO: Pigeons wearing tiny cowboy hats mysteriously appear in Las Vegas
- Woman arrested with AR-15 in car trunk, 2nd gun in child’s safety seat, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now