RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Culinary students at Wake Tech won big in the American Culinary Federation Competition on Thursday.
Competitors traveled from all over to compete in several categories, including buffet platters, cakes, breads and special showpieces made out of sugar and chocolate.
Thursday’s competition also served as the final project for about 40 students in Wake Tech’s Associate Degree Programs. In all, Wake Tech competitors won eight gold, 17 silver and 28 bronze medals.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PITTSBORO WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN APARTMENT WAS KILLED BY NEIGHBOR, POLICE SAY
- FORMER NASHVILLE POLICE OFFICER BUSTED WITH 2 BRICKS OF HEROIN, SHERIFF’S OFFICE SAYS
- BABY PULLED FROM VEHICLE THAT WENT INTO WAKE COUNTY POND
- MAN SHOOTS SELF IN HEAD WHILE IN CUSTODY, NC POLICE DEPARTMENT SAYS
- NC COUNTY MOVING FORWARD WITH PLAN FOR ARMED VOLUNTEERS IN SCHOOLS