RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A few local Walmart stores are launching its online grocery pickup service Tuesday.
The free service allows customers to order their groceries online and pick them up at their local Walmart without leaving their cars.
“At Walmart, we have always been known for saving our customers money and, with services like grocery pickup, we are also saving them valuable time,” said Phillip Keene, Walmart Spokesman. “Our customers have told us that grocery pick up is a game changer.”
Walmart’s grocery pickup service features 30,000 items. All items are priced at the same low prices found in the store.
Four stores will begin service Tuesday, while one location will begin the online shopping feature on May 26.How it Works:
• Order and Choose a Pickup Time: Customers visit walmart.com/grocery online or through the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip codes to select a local store and begin creating their shopping lists. During checkout, they select a time to pick up their orders.
• Personal Grocery Shoppers Fill the Basket: Highly-trained personal shoppers carefully select the freshest produce, meats and other items each customer requested.
• Pick Up and Go: Once a customer arrives at the pickup location, there will be reserved parking spaces marked in orange, and a designated number to call to alert an associate. An associate will quickly retrieve the prepared order and load it into the customer’s car.Walmart’s online grocery service will be available at the following local stores:
• Walmart Supercenter, 7016 Gb Alford Highway, Holly Springs
• Walmart Supercenter, 8000 Town Drive, Raleigh
• Walmart Supercenter, 805 Town Center Boulevard, Clayton
• Walmart Supercenter, 5141 NC Highway 42, Garner
• Walmart Supercenter, 1001 Shiloh Glen Drive, Morrisville, NC (Available May 26)