BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — Dramatic video from a Kern County Sheriff’s deputy’s body camera shows the moments a couple was rescued from their burning home last month.
The two deputies, Kenneth Muller and Diego Gonzalez, rushed inside the home on Montecito Drive in the early morning hours of Dec. 18 and saved the couple.
Video shows one woman in a wheelchair waiting just feet from smoke and flames inside the home.
“Much of the time, we have to put ourselves aside and think what’s best for the people we’re trying to protect,” Gonzalez told 17’s Taylor Schaub about the rescue.
- Fort Bragg Twitter account deleted after hack leads to lewd messages
- Wednesday, October 21st – Spruce up your home for the season, learn how to manage anxiety and stress healthily
- Tackle DIY home projects with these awesome products
- Kamala Harris visits Truist Field for fundraiser event
- Rises in COVID cases, hospitalizations line up with shift to Phase 3
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now