(CNN) – An invitation to a homecoming dance in Florida is getting a lot of love on social media and made national news.
David Cowan, 19, surprised his girlfriend, 18-year-old Saris Garcia, with the invitation while she was cheering at her school’s football game Thursday for Lake Brantley High School.
She joyfully said yes.
The cute couple both have Down Syndrome and have known each other for most of their lives.
The couple went to the Seminole High School prom on Saturday and had a blast.
The invitation video has been viewed millions of times on social media.
- 39 people found dead in truck container in southeast England
- Salvation Army of Wake County’s Christmas Cheer Program registration starts next week
- Amazon officials show off gigantic new fulfillment center in Garner
- October 23: Perfect Fall Weather!
- 85 evacuated after Goldsboro senior housing building floods
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now