(Source: Surveillance video from Horry County Schools)
LORIS, S.C. (WBTW) – The National Weather Service reports an EF-1 tornado caused damage to a parking lot at Loris High School.
The NWS survey team headed to Loris High School on Monday afternoon for possible tornado damage. The team confirmed an EF-1 tornado with 90 mph wind speeds crossed the Loris High School campus.
Video shows cars being picked up and tossed around in the parking lot as the twister moved through.
“A few cars were lofted and snapped trees were the main damage,” NWS reported. No injuries have been reported.
According to News13’s weather team, the NWS never issued a tornado warning for the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SC deputy’s K-9 ‘Lalo’ finds missing child
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Caregiver charged with beating 93-year-old grandmother
- Mom pleads for kidney donor to save son’s life: ‘He has his whole life ahead of him’
- 97,000 gallons of red wine spills into river
- Obese bear rescued from Pennsylvania sportsmen’s club recovering in Colorado