(Source: Surveillance video from Horry County Schools)
LORIS, S.C. (WBTW) – The National Weather Service reports an EF-1 tornado caused damage to a parking lot at Loris High School.
The NWS survey team headed to Loris High School on Monday afternoon for possible tornado damage. The team confirmed an EF-1 tornado with 90 mph wind speeds crossed the Loris High School campus.
Video shows cars being picked up and tossed around in the parking lot as the twister moved through.
“A few cars were lofted and snapped trees were the main damage,” NWS reported. No injuries have been reported.
According to News13’s weather team, the NWS never issued a tornado warning for the area.
- ‘Hugs not walls’ event at U.S.-Mexico border reunites families for only a few moments
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches
- Aggie Pride! 2 A&T students are packing their bags and heading to Tokyo with their eyes on Olympic gold
- Florida woman discovers nearly $1 billion in her bank account
- WHOA!: U.S. Navy releases footage of 40,000-pound bomb explosion off east coast