(CNN) – First responders are issuing a water bottle warning as hot and humid temperatures strike the Northeast.
According to first responders, leaving a full plastic water bottle inside a hot car in direct sunlight could cause a fire in a few minutes.
Manlius Firefighter Jay Symonds says the water and plastic creates a magnifying effect, potentially setting upholstery or a piece of plastic on fire.
Water bottles should be stored in a trunk where it is out of direct sunlight.
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now