HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A water main break is disrupting service Wednesday for customers in Hillsborough, the Town said.
Customers in the southeastern part of Hillsborough may be affected by the outage after a 12-inch main was damaged near Highway 86 and Waterstone Drive.
A crew was installing “communication utilities” when the line was hit, the Town said.
Repairs are underway and expected to take six to eight hours.
Water has been turned off in the following areas while repairs are made:
- N.C. 86 at from Waterstone Drive to New Hope Church Road
- Woods Edge Mobile Home Park
- New Hope Elementary School
- Stanback Middle School
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Person asking for directions has vehicle stolen at gunpoint, Raleigh police say
- End of an era: Crews to raise Durham’s famous ‘can opener’ bridge
- Many NC colleges, universities waiving application fees this week
- RECALL: Over 6,000 pounds of ready-to-eat meat sold at Walmart recalled nationwide
- Toddler girl shot in head is killed, mom wounded after shots fired into home