HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A water main break is disrupting service Wednesday for customers in Hillsborough, the Town said.
Customers in the southeastern part of Hillsborough may be affected by the outage after a 12-inch main was damaged near Highway 86 and Waterstone Drive.
A crew was installing “communication utilities” when the line was hit, the Town said.
Repairs are underway and expected to take six to eight hours.
Water has been turned off in the following areas while repairs are made:
- N.C. 86 at from Waterstone Drive to New Hope Church Road
- Woods Edge Mobile Home Park
- New Hope Elementary School
- Stanback Middle School
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- US may ban TikTok and other Chinese social media, Sec. of State Pompeo says
- Dog mauls 1-year-old girl to death at Fourth of July party
- Baby on board: Florida woman gives birth on pontoon boat on 4th of July
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Raleigh 911 and Cottonwood Residential are hiring
- NC family says funeral home put wrong body in casket, mother was buried by another family