PELHAM, New Hampshire (CNN) — Two people were injured in a shooting at a New Hampshire church Saturday morning.
It happened at the New England Pentecostal Church in Pelham, which is close to the state’s border with Massachusetts.
A wedding was taking place at the time, with about 40 people in attendance. Guests at the wedding were able to subdue the shooter until authorities arrived and took him into custody.
Police have not confirmed a motive in the shooting, but they do not believe it was random. They recovered a handgun at the scene.
The injured man and woman were taken to area hospitals. Some other guests were treated at the church for minor injuries. Nobody was killed in the incident.
- Police respond after person shot in foot at NC Walmart
- Boston College blows past NC State, 45-24
- VIDEO: Driver crashes head-on into van, witnesses keep him from leaving scene
- 600 turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Tornadoes damage Florida homes as Nestor moves ashore
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now