Carl Ray Kennedy is a registered sex offender in Randolph County and currently, he’s the subject of a nationwide manhunt.
Police in Danville, Va. say Kennedy abducted 7-month-old Grace Emma Kennedy, who is his biological daughter, Sunday night.
An Amber Alert was issued around 3 a.m. Monday. The North Carolina Department of Public Safety says the car involved is a gold Suzuki with improper NC license tag EKZ-5093 with a Johnny’s Auto Sales emblem on it.
They say Kennedy does have access to other vehicles.
WHO IS CARL RAY KENNEDY?
A WFMY reporter went to Randolph County to get information beyond the NC Sex Offender registry entry about Kennedy. Note: this report is only information found in North Carolina.
WFMY learned that Carl Ray Kennedy has a prior record.
Kennedy has 32 past convictions across the state since 1985. The charges and convictions range from traffic infractions, drug charges to felony sexual battery.
The case that landed him on the Sex Offender Registry is from March 2013. Court documents say he was charged with assault by strangulation. He was convicted of felony sexual battery and misdemeanor sexual battery.
The registry says his last known address is on Valewood Drive in Asheboro and it was last verified by the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office on Feb. 28.
On a recent charge he is listed as having a Randleman address, documents show.
PENDING CHARGES – Carl R. Kennedy has 10 current charges pending against him:
From March 2018
- Felony – Distributing Cocaine
- Felony – Possession of Cocaine
- Felony – Conspiracy to Sell Cocaine
Pending non-felony charges:
- Injury to Personal Property
- Failure To Reduce Speed (Infraction)
- Failure to stop at a red light (Infraction)
- No insurance while operating a vehicle (Traffic violation)
From April 2018
Felony – Reported moving to another state but stayed in North Carolina
- Injury to personal property
Kennedy is due in court this week on some of the above charges.
© 2018 WFMY
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FIRE BREAKS OUT AT GLENWOOD SOUTH BAR IN RALEIGH
- FLORIDA REPUBLICAN LEADER POSTS SUPPORT FOR ROSEANNE’S TWEET
- 2 OFFICERS TREATED WITH NARCAN AFTER EXPOSURE TO WHITE POWDER
- WATCH: WOMAN PULLED OVER FOR DRIVING BUMPER CAR ON CHINA ROAD
- KRISPY KREME GIVING AWAY FREE DOUGHNUTS FRIDAY