BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The World Health Organization (WHO) wants governments to enforce measures that limit the consumption of alcohol during the coronavirus pandemic.
“At times of lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic, alcohol consumption can exacerbate health vulnerability, risk-taking behaviours, mental health issues and violence,” WHO wrote on their website.
Alcohol does not protect the drinker from coronavirus, nor does it make them any better equipped to handle the potential effects of the virus.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pantry essentials to keep the family healthy this fall
- Advice for embarking on a new construction journey
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR
- Mental Wellness Wednesday: Seeking help from a psychiatrist vs. other professionals
- Grant helps Fayetteville police send backlog of sexual assault kits to be tested, leading to arrest in pair of 1990 rapes
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now