GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — There are new developments surrounding a shooting on a party bus in Guilford County that killed two people and left one in serious condition.
Investigators said the call came in shortly before 9 p.m. Friday.
One witness who did not want to be identified said he was driving on Interstate 85 at Interstate 73 in Guilford County when the large party bus in front of him started swerving, blocking lanes of traffic.
He and other drivers swerved along the highway to avoid an accident.
Then he heard gunfire. Another witness said she heard three shots ring out.
The party bus company, Clipper Gang Elite, is based in Wake County.
WGHP learned the owner of the company, Willie Johnston, was driving the bus. A friend of Johnston’s says the owner’s son was also on the bus and did not survive.
Investigators tell us they have identified a suspect who is currently in the hospital with serious injuries.
The sheriff’s office has yet to release any names.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her