SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (NEXSTAR) – A Northern California woman has been arrested for felony vandalism after she allegedly licked and handled numerous items at a grocery store in South Lake Tahoe.
Police arrested 53-year-old Jennifer Walker, of South Lake Tahoe, Wednesday after a Safeway store employee called to report a woman “licking groceries,” according to a news release.
The employee told officers that Walker also put “numerous pieces of jewelry” from the store on her hands before licking it. Walker loaded her cart with store items that she “had no means to purchase,” police said.
The calculated total value of the goods, which now can’t be sold, was $1,800.
Police booked Walker at the El Dorado County jail.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man dies after he’s found shot in car in Durham, police say
- Body found in NC mountains believed to be murdered man; 2 facing charges
- NC man charged with having explosive device is eligible for release after court hearing
- CDC to shorten recommended COVID-19 quarantine days
- Brothers write a love letter to a food we all love — pizza