SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (NEXSTAR) – A Northern California woman has been arrested for felony vandalism after she allegedly licked and handled numerous items at a grocery store in South Lake Tahoe.
Police arrested 53-year-old Jennifer Walker, of South Lake Tahoe, Wednesday after a Safeway store employee called to report a woman “licking groceries,” according to a news release.
The employee told officers that Walker also put “numerous pieces of jewelry” from the store on her hands before licking it. Walker loaded her cart with store items that she “had no means to purchase,” police said.
The calculated total value of the goods, which now can’t be sold, was $1,800.
Police booked Walker at the El Dorado County jail.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- What community spread means among other common coronavirus-related terms
- Many worry rhetoric surrounding Reopen NC protests have gotten out of hand
- Nearly 15,000 in North Carolina have recovered from COVID-19
- Biden makes 1st in-person appearance in more than 2 months
- Lee County to offer COVID-19 tests on Wednesday, Thursday