GLOUCESTER, Va. (WAVY) — Authorities say a 29-year-old woman was arrested Tuesday morning for killing her mother in Virginia.
The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release 29-year-old Christa Joanne Pohorence is charged with second-degree murder and stabbing while in the commission of a felony in connection to the death of 72-year-old Marsha Joan Pohorence.
The release said deputies were dispatched to a home in the 1600 block of Abingdon Lane in the early-morning hours of Tuesday for a reported homicide.
Responding deputies found Marsha Pohorence, the home’s owner, dead inside her bedroom. An investigation found she was stabbed to death by her daughter, Christa Pohorence, the release said.
Christa Pohorence is being held at the Gloucester County Jail without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- How Triangle big box stores are adapting for Black Friday during pandemic
- 3 teens arrested in string of violent robberies in Fayetteville, police say
- Years-long nurse shortage in NC exacerbated by pandemic, officials say
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey expected to miss game against Minnesota Vikings