ORRUM, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities have arrested 26-year-old Jada Hayes in connection with a double shooting that killed one man and injured another.
Robeson County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a reported shooting in the 200 block of Acre Lane in Orrum around 11 p.m. Saturday.
Once on scene, deputies located a 29-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his leg. Authorities say he is in stable condition.
Another man, 31-year-old Jeffrey D. Odum, of Orrum, had been transported to the hospital by family members before officers arrived. Odum died at a nearby hospital.
Authorities say the shooting was a result of a domestic situation between Hayes and the 29-year-old man who was injured.
Hayes surrendered to investigators at the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office. She has been charged with first-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
Hayes is being held at the detention center without bond.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at 910-671-3170 or 910-671-3100.
- Threat closes Cumberland County Courthouse, sheriff’s office says
- Google reveals top 10 searches in 2019 for Raleigh
- Ft. Bragg Soldier Support Center named after ‘Father of the Airborne’
- 2 Roanoke Rapids preschool teachers charged with child abuse following investigation
- Robeson County deputies: 70-year-old woman tied up, robbed of guns, jewelry, money
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now