DARLINGTON, S.C. (WBTW) – A woman now faces charges in connection with a September crash that claimed two lives in Darlington County.
According to Trooper Tyler Tidwell with the South Carolina Highway Patrol, Patrice Latoya Watson McFadden was the driver at fault in a crash that happened on Society Hill Road, near Mont Clare Road.
Online booking information from the W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center in Darlington County says McFadden was booked Friday afternoon on two counts of felony DUI resulting in death and two counts of reckless homicide.
Trooper Tidwell says she was driving a Mazda pickup truck when her vehicle crossed the centerline, striking a Ford head-on.
Two people in the Ford died. McFadden was hospitalized.
Everyone involved was wearing a seat belt, according to troopers.
- Live: DOJ to announce Minneapolis police probe following Chauvin verdict
- Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center in need of donations
- DOJ to announce Minneapolis police probe following guilty verdict in George Floyd’s death
- NC man shot during meetup to sell motorcycle; suspect arrested, charged with attempted murder
- Middle school student stabbed during fight on NC school bus