ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WSPA) – Asheville Police Department officials said a woman was arrested after officers responded to a complaint about a suspicious person.
Police said officers responded at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday to a parking lot on Klondyke Avenue for complaints of a suspicious persons loitering.
Officers arrested Dekaila Leigh Simpson, 29, of Asheville, and seized about 142.26 grams of marijuana, two handguns and over $10,600, according to the police department.
Simpson was charged with possession with intent to manufacture/sell/distribute Schedule VI, possession of Schedule VI, maintain a vehicle/dwelling/place for controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of carry a concealed weapon.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Humans now being legally composted in Washington
- Aging buildings, COVID to blame for repair delays at Durham public housing units, CEO says
- UNC students face long lines for required COVID-19 tests; 1 party reported to police
- Crash closes part of Western Blvd. in Raleigh near NC State campus
- Driver crashes into police car during domestic call in Raleigh, officials say