PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — A woman has been sentenced to 15 days in federal custody for throwing a sports drink at a Florida congressman who frequently appears on television supporting President Donald Trump.
Federal court records show that 35-year-old Amanda Kondrat’yev was sentenced last Monday in Pensacola. Her confinement is scheduled to begin Dec. 2.
Kondrat’yev pleaded guilty to assault in August. She had faced up to a year in prison.
Authorities say Kondrat’yev was part of a group protesting in June outside a town hall meeting attended by U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz. The second-term Republican was leaving a coffee house when a cup struck him in the back. Several witnesses identified Kondrat’yev as the assailant, and the throw was caught on video.
- 1 dead in I-40 crash in Orange County; westbound lanes were closed for hours
- Wofford shocks depleted No. 17 UNC, 68-64
- Last-second shot lifts NC State past UNC Greensboro 80-77
- Wilson, Carson lift Seahawks past Panthers 30-24
- NC assistant football coach proposes to girlfriend moments after state title win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now