DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Firefighters rescued a woman from a fire in the 700 block of Rippling Stream Road on Friday evening, official said.
Firefighters arriving at the scene found heavy smoke coming from the one-story home. Inside the front door, firefighters found a female victim, whom they got out.
They discovered the she was suffering from cardiac arrest and administered CPR. The woman eventually regained a pulse, firefighters said.
The woman, a 76-year-old grandmother, also suffered second- and third-degree burns and was airlifted to UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill, a woman identifying herself as the victim’s daughter said.
It took firefighters only about four minutes to bring the fire under control.
It wasn’t immediately clear what caused the fire, which started at about 7:45 p.m., authorities said.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- NC WOMAN CLAIMS BANK FIRED HER FOR CHARITABLE ACT
- NC SCHOOL VOLUNTEER CHARGED WITH HAVING SEX WITH STUDENT
- WARRANT: RALEIGH WOMAN SEVERELY BURNED CHILD SHE WAS SUPERVISING
- WARNING – GRAPHIC VIDEO: COWS BURNED, TORTURED AT DAIRY FARM, ANIMAL RIGHTS GROUP SAYS
- CONVENIENCE STORE UNDER FIRE FOR RACIST SIGN IN FRONT WINDOW
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018