CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – A person has died while Duke Energy crews were working on a power pole early Wednesday morning following a crash in northwest Charlotte.
The incident occurred around 5:34 a.m. on N. Hoskins Road near Beatties Ford Road.
A worker with Duke Energy was at the scene fixing the wires connected to the downed power pole when suddenly the worker caught fire, a crew with FOX 46 witnessed.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police and OSHA have been called to the scene.
Hundreds of people in the area are currently without power. The estimated time of restoration is 10 a.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- What do the kids say? K-12 students sound off on going back to school
- Tennessee woman renews license online, gets new ID with picture of empty chair
- VIDEO: Police officer shoots driver after accidentally getting Tased by another officer
- Sparta continues to feel tremors after 5.1 magnitude earthquake felt across North Carolina
- Tractor-trailer crashes into 3 firetrucks at scene of fire on I-85 in NC
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now