RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCT) The North Carolina Democratic Party has issued a statement after Representative Greg Murphy tweeted and then deleted a “racist statement” about Senator Kamala Harris during the Vice Presidential Debate.
“Senator Harris has faced sexist, racist and xenophobic comments throughout her time in public life, which have only intensified since she became the first woman of color, the first Black woman and the first South Asian woman nominated as Vice President,” the release stated.
NCPD Chairman Wayne Goodwin said, “There is no place for racism in North Carolina, and based on the pure racism in this tweet, there is no place for Greg Murphy in elected office. His sentiments aren’t just offensive, they diminish the accomplishments of women of color in North Carolina and across our country. This year, in particular, racism has played a starring role in the Republican Party’s platform and discourse. We call on the NCGOP and the Trump campaign to denounce this statement and we call on Greg Murphy to immediately apologize for his repugnant comments.”
- Durham mom who lost son to gun violence calls for change this Mother’s Day
- All Durham 911 calls routed to Raleigh Saturday night due to staff shortage at call center
- Balcony collapse sends nearly 12 people onto rocks below at Malibu home
- Cyber attack that halted massive pipeline through NC is linked to criminal gang ‘DarkSide’
- 7 dead after birthday party shooting in Colorado