CUSTER STATE PARK, S.D. (KELO) — Officials at Custer State Park are reminding people to keep their distance after an incident with a bison left a woman unconscious.
It all started Wednesday evening when a woman got off a motorcycle and approached a bison calf, The Custer County Chronicle reports.
An adult bison charged her, catching her belt on its horn and tossing her around violently.
Eventually her pants came off, and she fell to the ground.
The paper says she was flown to the hospital, but her injuries were not serious.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Colony of wild monkeys living among human population in South Florida city
- Villagers re-elect mayor despite his death from COVID-19
- City of Cleveland prepares to host first presidential debate of 2020
- Candy factory giveaway: Willy Wonka-like ‘golden ticket’ search begins this week
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now